Hi! I'm Erik Schwartz a 2014 Code for America Fellow in partnership
with the Great City of Lexington, KY.
Before joining forces with CfA I was a long-time partner/developer at
I aspire to be both a skillful inventor and consummate teammate in the pursuit of socially-meaningful projects. I'm incredibly lucky to spend time on a daily basis with the wonderously-talented Smith Schwartz.
- Very difficult to change yourself through intellectual learning alone. You must engage in daily processes to make knowledge actionable (meditation is the best such daily process I've found).
- The byproduct of challenging yourself is mistakes. Make them every day. Approach yourself with compassion and mistakes become valuable lessons rather than crippling failures.
- Patience + impatience + curiosity + empathy are key qualities for positive change.
- Don't guard your own ideas as if they are more precious than others'. Speak them. Improve them.
- Otherwise, be sure to spend some time raising the roof with your favorite peoples.